TERMS & CONDITIONS
Standard Hire Terms and Conditions:
- Hire rates are for a 72 hour period allowing delivery/collection days and day of event. Additional hire days and late returns will be charged at a percentage per day thereafter.
- All goods to be returned clean and in good condition. Any goods returned unwashed will be subject to a cleaning charge. This includes large catering equipment. No refunds will be made for any unused goods.
- Any shortages, breakages or damage to goods will be charged at our current replacement charge.
- Prices subject to alteration without notice. All prices plus VAT at prevailing rate.
- A deposit of an amount at the discretion of the company will be payable on confirmation of order. This represents a holding deposit and cancellations are accepted up to 14 days before delivery date. If cancellation is after this 14 day period then deposit will be kept. The deposit amount on commencement of hire is then used as a breakage/shortage/damage deposit and will be off-set against any further invoices.
- All customers (non-account holders) will be required to make full cleared payment prior to hire commencement. We do not accept payment on delivery site.
- A delivery and collection service is available. Please ask for a quotation. Deliveries are quoted for door to door service by a single driver only. Deliveries/collections are based on our drivers having easy access to hard standing ground floor location only unless pre-arranged – if this is not adhered to we must know in advance and additional charges will be incurred.
- A responsible person must be present at the delivery location to check and sign for the goods. All deliveries must be collected at the same original address. If they are collected from a different address this must be pre-arranged and further collection costs will be incurred.
- Large catering equipment, once delivered to the site, cannot be removed by the customer to use at an alternative venue. If this happens and the items are damaged in any way the customer will be liable for repair or replacement costs.
- The hirer is responsible for any loss/damage to goods for the entirety of the hire period. It is your responsibility to ensure that the goods are fully covered by insurance with regard to theft, damage and public liability risks.
- We will not be liable for any delays caused by circumstances beyond our control.
- The hirer is responsible for the safe handling of all equipment.
- The hirer is responsible for the repositioning of items within venue. This is not the responsibility of the driver unless pre-arranged with additional costs.
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that users of the equipment exercise adequate care to avoid injury to themselves or others. Shire Event Hire Ltd will not accept responsibility for injuries caused through irresponsible behaviour with equipment handling.
- All furniture and equipment must be stored in dry areas!
- Linen cleaning is included in the hire cost. All linen should be free of debris and any badly damaged/burnt/soiled or missing linen will be subject to replacement costs. No refund/credits will be given for any unused linen!
- Gas appliances – it is not Shires Event Hire Ltd responsibility to install or set up gas appliances. It is entirely the responsibility of a competent hirer to connect and operate gas appliances. All gas appliances are tested before leaving Shires Event Hire Ltd. All gas appliances must be used in a well ventilated area i.e. outside marquees.